Certification & Licensing
Tier 1 Members: Vinyl Extruders and Extruder-Fabricators
The Vinyl Manufacturers Association (VMA) implemented a certification program geared toward vinyl extruders and extruder-fabricators (Tier 1 Members) to maintain product quality in the industry. In addition to the standard testing like impact, fading and overall performance, the certification program focuses on the cell classification of the Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) based on the Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards.
- F964-13: Standard Specifications for Rigid Poly (Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Exterior Profiles used for Fencing and Railing
- D4216: Specification for Rigid Poly-(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) and Related PVC and Chlorinated Poly-(Vinyl Chloride)(CPVC) Building Products Compounds
- D1042: Standard Test Method for Linear Dimensional Changes of Plastics under Accelerated Service Conditions
- D1435: Practice for Outdoor Weathering of Plastics
- D4226: Test Methods for Impact Resistance of Rigid Poly-(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Building Products
- D6864: Standard Specification for Color and Appearance Retention of Solid Colored Plastic Siding Products
Vinyl extruders and extruder-fabricators interested in pursuing the certification can start the process toward Tier 1 VMA membership by submitting a membership application. The company is not a member in good standing of VMA until the company has completed the required license agreement and audit within nine (9) months of the date of their application. Please contact Cristina Rodriguez at 314-561-6625 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Tier 3A Members: Vinyl Fabricator, Distributor, Dealer and Installer Licensees
Vinyl fabricators, distributors, dealers, and installers have the option to become a licensee, or Tier 3A member, under the VMA certification program, which means the company buys product exclusively from VMA extrusion facilities that use processes certified by the VMA. A licensee company can also use the VMA Certified Product Mark (“VMA Checkmark”) on their own branded materials.
Non-licensee members, or Tier 3B members, can buy product from VMA extrusion facilities and non-VMA extrusion facilities. However, non-licensee members can only promote and use the VMA Certified Product Mark (“VMA Checkmark”) when using the literature and branding of a VMA extrusion facility (Tier 1 member).
In order to become a Tier 3A member, a company must submit the Participation and Licensee Agreement and complete an audit within ninety (90) days of the date of their application. An approved independent audit firm must complete the audit. Please contact Cristina Rodriguez at 314-561-6625 or email@example.com for more information.
Program & Certification Contacts
Please direct your specific questions to the appropriate program chair below.
2019 VMA Chair
Illusions Vinyl Fence & EverStrong Profiles
Eastern Wholesale Fence
Phone: (631) 698-0900
Homeland Vinyl Products
Phone: (205) 854-4330