- Getting to Salt Lake City
- FENCETECH / Salt Lake City Map
- Getting around Salt Lake City
- Things to do in Salt Lake City
If you are driving, Salt Lake City sits at the junction of I-15 and I-80. AFA has negotiated discounted or complimentary parking at these hotels, only when booking in the FENCETECH block:
- Hilton Salt Lake City Center – FENCETECH Headquarter Hotel
- Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown – NOMMA Headquarter Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown
- Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
- Little America Hotel
If you are flying, Salt Lake International Airport is served by 9 airlines, including Delta (hub location), Alaska, American, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest and United. To reach your FENCETECH hotel from the airport, there are several options:
- Complimentary Shuttle
- The Sheraton Salt Lake City offers a complimentary airport shuttle to/from the airport. Please contact the hotel for more information.
- Public Transit: TRAX/Light Rail Service
- Public transportation to and from the Salt Lake City International Airport is provided by the Utah Transit Authority (UTA). The TRAX/light rail Green Line leaves the airport every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 20 minutes on weekends. The TRAX stop is located at the south end of Terminal 1. Since the Airport Station is the end of the line, you cannot go in the ‘wrong direction’. The one-way fare is $2.50. To reach your FENCETECH hotel, hop on the next departing train and get off at the stop closest to your hotel:
- Courtyard by Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown or Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown: Arena Station (17 minutes/6 stops transit time) and walk ~1 block
- Hilton Salt Lake City Center or Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City Downtown: Gallivan Plaza Station (23 minutes/9 stops transit time) and walk 1-2 blocks
- Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel or Little America Hotel: Courthouse Station (25 minutes/10 stops transit time) and walk 1-2 blocks
- Rideshare services
- Lyft/Uber are legally operating in Salt Lake City and at the airport. Designated pick up areas are indicated by curbside signs, and are located in the middle traffic lanes outside of baggage claim in Terminals 1 and 2. Transit time is 10-20 minutes and fares start at $15-$20.
- Taxicab services
- Salt Lake International Airport has maximum rates for taxicab providers servicing City-bound customers. The fare limits apply to transportation from the airport to destinations within Salt Lake City boundaries and are determined by two geographical zones. All FENCETECH hotels are within Zone 1:
- Maximum rate from Airport to within Zone 1 is $25.
- Maximum $5 per person additional charge with over two passengers.
- Fares should be negotiated prior to departing the Airport.
- Transportation network companies, such as Uber and Lyft, are regulated by Utah State law and are not subject to the maximum fare requirement.
Getting around Salt Lake City
- FENCETECH hotels are within 1-12 minutes walking distance from the Salt Palace Convention Center and the terrain is flat.
- Public Transit: TRAX/Light Rail Service
- All TRAX/Light Rail stations serving FENCETECH hotels are the Salt Palace Convention Center are in Free Fare Zone, so you can ride ride the Blue or Green lines downtown between these stations for free:
- Arena Station: Serving Courtyard by Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown and Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
- Temple Square Station: Serving Salt Palace Convention Center and Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
- Gallivan Center Station: Serving Hilton Salt Lake City Center and Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City Downtown (but closer to walk to the Convention Center)
- Courthouse Station: Serving Little America Hotel and Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
- both the City Center and Arena stations also give easy access to shopping malls and restaurant areas
- Other ground transportation services
- Lyft, Uber and taxis are available throughout Salt Lake City.
Things to do in Salt Lake City
The official Visit Salt Lake website, offers a wide variety of things to see, do, eat, and experience in and around Salt Lake City. Here are some additional resources as well: