The Association Awards acknowledge AFA members who have advanced the association and set industry standards. There are six Association Award categories:
The PRO Awards recognizes members who have created and installed outstanding projects that are considered “the best of the best” in the industry. There are 16 categories in both residential and commercial.
Categories for Residential and Commercial:
*There is a $10 per submission fee
Nominations can be submitted by contractors, wholesalers/distributors and manufacturers.
• Nominee and those sponsoring the nominee must be affiliated with an AFA member company in good standing at the time of the nomination.
• Nominations must be submitted via the AFA Project Awards electronic submission portal. Multiple nominations are permitted. Nominations submitted via mail or email will not be accepted.
• Project photos must be provided with the nomination. A release statement signed by the project owner’s representative must be submitted with the photographic material acknowledging the project owner’s agreement to the nomination; permission to use, adapt, reproduce, distribute, and to display the photographic material; and release any and all claims or rights to such material including, but not limited to, its publication or media release. Photographic materials shall be retained by the Association for archiving and/or public display. Any nominated photographic material submitted without said release will not be eligible for consideration. Image size cannot exceed xxxxx MB (?) and must be a JPG format. Add resolution info
• Projects must have been completed within past two (2) years prior to November 15 of each year.
• Photos and images submitted cannot include the nominee’s company or business name. Any nomination photographic material submitted with your nominee’s company or business name will not be eligible for consideration.
• A fee of $10.00 for entry(s) will be required for each submission.
• The Disclaimer/Terms & Conditions section of the submission process will be required in order to complete a nomination(s).
• All REQUIRED areas of the electronic submission portal must be complete or the submission will be deemed invalid.
• Each project within the category will be judged on originality of design, creativity, innovation, craftsmanship, degree of difficulty, implementation of materials, equipment and labor required and visual appeal.
• From the categories submitted, an overall award for both residential and commercial Project and Contractor of the Year will be determined
Each nomination will require the following:
• A minimum of six (6) images and a maximum of ten (10) images
Submission describing the project in 250 words or less with project completion date, city and state. This description will be used for the presentation of the award at the Awards Dinner at FENCETECH. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NOMINEE’S NAME OR COMPANY NAME- if submitted here, entry will be disqualified.
This will be a line item with fill in box so that description can be submitted separately.