Over 4,000 fence, gate, and miscellaneous metals professionals will be present on the FENCETECH show floor in one of our most popular locations, New Orleans, LA. The overall show floor has 1.1 million square feet (47,845 square meters) of contiguous exhibit hall space, making it the sixth largest convention center in the nation and it consistently ranks in the country's top ten of facilities that hold the most conventions and tradeshows annually.
Updated Health & Safety Guidelines - as of January 12, 2022
Beginning Wednesday, January 12 - Masks will be REQUIRED in all indoor spaces outside the home.
- Beginning Tuesday, February 1 - City of New Orleans requires for everyone age 5+ to have proof of two doses of a COVID vaccine (except those who have received one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Proof is original, digital photograph, or photocopy of your CDC Vaccination Card (both sides) or an official vaccine record issued by your home state, a foreign nation, or the WHO.
- Negative PCR or antigen test results – either physical or digital - within past 72 hours. At home tests are NOT acceptable. PLEASE NOTE: You will have to retest every 72 hours. Please see here for the latest on where you can get tested, and here for where you can get vaccinated locally in New Orleans. Two locations are also offering same-day PCR test results: Gulf Coast Labs and Urgent Care. Please plan accordingly. AFA and NOMMA will be offering on-site testing at the convention center for $60. Test is a PCR test and will take no more than 20 minutes to complete.
Where you will need to be vaccinated or show proof of negative test:
- Bars including hotel bars
- Restaurants free standing or in hotels
- Young Fence Professionals Happy Hour at Beach on Bourbon
- Kick Off Party at Mardi Gras World
- AFA Leadership Breakfast at the Convention Center
- AFA Awards Dinner at the Convention Center
- NOMMA Awards Dinner at the Convention Center
- Gyms including hotel gyms
- Event spaces such as hotel ballrooms, event venues & reception halls with food and beverage (except the exhibit floor)
Where you will NOT need to be vaccinated or show proof of negative tests:
- Exhibit Hall and Lobbies at the Convention Center
- Education Seminars at the Convention Center
For more information from the City of New Orleans, go to City of New Orleans COVID Protocols
FENCETECH Attendee Job Functions
Role in Purchasing
- 51% Make final decision
- 9% Gather information to evaluate
- 21% Identify need for new products/equipment
- 19% had no role
FENCETECH Attendee Annual Sales Average
- 42% $5+ million
- 23% $2-5 million
- 18% $1-2 million
- 10% $.5-1 million
- 7% <$500,000
$23 per square foot (AFA Members)
$26 per square foot (Non-Members)
Monday, February 14
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Platinum/Gold/Silver Sponsors Only)
Tuesday, February 15
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (All Exhibitors)
Wednesday, February 16
8:00 AM – 10:00 AM (Final Setup Within Booth Space Only)
View Floor Plan
Once you have submitted your FENCETECH contract to firstname.lastname@example.org, American Tradeshow Services, our official registration company, will send you a custom email to register booth personnel and provide you a complimentary code to invite your customers to FENCETECH.
If you have not received this email, please contact ATS at 985-240-5511.
Phone (888) 508-5054
Fax (469) 621-5612
American Tradeshow Services
Carley Hodges 985-809-0600, ext 236
Ernest B. Morial Convention Center
Megan Clay: Exhibit Services contact (electrical service, technology and production orders)
Linsey Marriott: Exhibitor Catering contact
American Fence Association/FENCETECH
Insurance is Required for ALL Exhibitors
All exhibitors are required to have general liability coverage from an insurance company in good standing, with minimum policy limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate.
This insurance must be in force during the lease dates of the event, February 13 - 19, 2022, with American Fence Association (4100 International Parkway, Suite 2400, Carrollton, TX 75007) as the certificate holder and as additional insured.
Have coverage? Please forward your proof of insurance to: email@example.com.
Need coverage? Buy for just $84 from our partner Rainprotection Insurance Solutions.
Health & Safety
AFA is excited to welcome attendees, exhibitors, speakers, and sponsors to FENCETECH 2022. We are committed to protecting your health and safety by creating an event experience where everyone can safely and effectively learn, conduct business, and network—through these health and safety measures. AFA abides by the guidelines and safety protocols put forth by state and local agencies. For local guidelines, read more on the New Orleans Covid Safety website.
Monday, January 10, 2022
- Art files for banners, column units, etc. due
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
- Incentive Rates Deadline for Convention Center partners. (Electrical, Internet/Phone, Catering, etc.) Rate increase after this date for changes/additions
Thursday, January 13, 2022
- Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC) due
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
- Freeman Discount Price Deadline
Wednesday, January 19, 2022
- First day for Freeman warehouse deliveries
Friday, January 21, 2022
- Lead Retrieval early ordering deadline due to ATS
Tuesday, February 1, 2022
- Early set up – Sponsors and approved requests
Monday, February 7, 2022
- Last day for Freeman warehouse deliveries without an additional surcharge
Tuesday, February 15, 2022
- First day for convention center deliveries begins at 8:00am
- Move-in & exhibitor set up
- Show Site shipping delivery at Convention Center begins at 8:00am
Friday, February 18, 2022
- Last day of exhibits, dismantle begins at show close (3pm)
- Dismantle until 9pm
*The Voice is the official FENCETECH/METALfab on-site conference guide